One would think that I would have immediately given a little Soak Wash spa treatment to my MKAL shawl upon casting off, however it sat around until yesterday. Why? I have no excuse except for pure laziness but it went down yesterday for a bath and then a good blocking. You know, with the wires and all! Give me some nice straight edges, please! Once I had it all pinned out I was absolutely blown away by the beauty of this shawl. And, even more wowed when I pulled out all the blocking wires and un-pinned it… oh.my.gosh people!! This thing is insanely beautiful!!! I might have even had a tear or two in my eyes at how crazy this turned out. I took it outside last night with “Dolores” to take a few glamor shots and she has yet to relinquish it and it is so stunning, I don’t blame her!
This is the 5th year I have knit Kirsten’s MKAL over the summer and people – this one is seriously the best one yet. The beauty of this simple design of lace and mosaic stitches works so incredibly well together. I might even be wishing for cool weather to wear this baby…non-stop.
To think I worried about it being “small” when I finished the bind off… small might describe a certain someone’s hands, but it absolutely does not describe this shawl… at.all! It is HUGE! Dear Dolores is my size and I love that it can drape casually around her “neck” and not be all tight and bunched up!
Steve thought my yarn color choices were not good and he told me so more than once. He said, what will you wear that with?? Well…everything in my wardrobe, honey… just everything! LOL
All the details of my project are here.
If you missed out on Kirsten’s MKAL, it is not too late…get the pattern and cast on ASAP. You won’t be disappointed!
Now, how about some links?
Reclaiming my time, the Gospel version.
This week had LOTS of good knitting patterns (you’d think fall was coming or something….)
- Incremento is awesome (and I saw the Manos Fino sets on yarn crawl – they are nice and so is the Sewickly yarn shop!)
- I love the sleeve details of Este
- Ysolda’s Threipmuir is gorgeous!
- Perhaps this is your year for cables… then the Camelot Wrap is just what you need (oh and it is knit with Cascade Ecological Wool!!)
- Amory is beautiful as is the yarn it is knit with! (They also have more colors if you so desire!)
- The Fibre Company released Fell Garth II – with 19 patterns, there is so much to choose from! But, I especially like Mirehouse, Rathbone, and Skiddaw
- Roslin is beautiful! I just love the center front and back lace work!
- Studies in Ice – long and short…
- Beach Chair Socks… which do not match! Yes, I really love this…
- And, finally are you a Fade Fan? Andrea Mowry has an MKAL coming… it starts August 31st. What the Fade?!
Lots of goodness in there for you to ponder! I hope something inspires you to cast on!
Have a great weekend, see you back here on Monday!