Hello Dear Unravelers!
This is it, the post where I reveal the list of what I hope to accomplish this summer. Get ready, because it is long!
In the finish category… (as in I have started and I need to finish)
- My Air Soft Shawl (AKA Brambling Shawl)
- Montadale Socks
- Daelyn pullover
- Steve’s Socks
- Spring Dream KAL (for Rachel)
- Test Mouse (because I have never knit stuffed animals and practice makes perfect – or at least allows you to work out the problems?)
- TTL MKAL Socks (I have less than a half a sock to go)
- Rock the Lobster (1/2 a sleeve to go and the body of the sweater, so a good bit of knitting)
- February Lady Sweater, perhaps (this is iffy, but maybe)
Yes, there is LOTS of knitting here, I am not sure I even need a second category, but go big or go home, amirite?
In the Start and finish Category:
- I have the yarn to knit a lopapeysa or two. But, having knit 2 of them, I know they are quick knits! So, I am kind of excited about this! But if these bump a little into the fall, that would be fine by me. After all I am not wearing them until then!
- Calliopsis with Sheepspot Yarn
- Kraemer Yarns Cowl
- Bijou Basin Mitts
- Genevieve’s Mouse
- TTL Summer Shawl MKAL
Yes, these are daunting lists. Good thing I have an entire summer to work on all that.
And, speaking of the mouse – I have the head done! The cotton yarn is really lovely. It is not harsh on my hands, and knits up beautifully. I have started the body.
Now, how about a bit of a book review.
The Lake by Lotte and Soren Hammer. This is Book 4 in the Konrad Simonsen series and this book is my second book from NetGalley. If you like Scandinavian Noir, you will love this book! I liked it so much that I added Book 1 The Hanging to my summer reading list. It is well written and very captivating. The story unfolds with a crime and then it is off and running. The writers weave through the story the police working on figuring out the crime and the criminals and their corruption. It is gritty, and at times unsettling, but these things are not unwelcome in the story at all. I found in Konrad Simonsen another detective that I believe I will love as much as Karl Morck and Armand Gamache. Konrad is brilliantly intelligent and wonderfully human. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am giving it 4 stars on Goodreads.
I started a new book from the library last night, Tana French The Likeness. No thoughts yet, as I have just started reading. I hope to get further into this today if time allows! Summer Book Bingo starts this weekend, are you ready? What’s on your list this summer?