The latest issue of Taproot magazine is filled with good things. From homemade bitters to Wendell Berry to Tasha Tudor to these cute hens. If you have not had the chance to read Taproot – it is worth a look, and this month especially!
The latest installment from the Sheepspot Fiber Club is really quite stunning… and scary: Teeswater Top (Top or Roving, the difference between them) I simply love how the fiber took the dye and I am really quite nervous to spin up this incredible stuff! Yeah… this spin will be something that I focus on – no watching Netflix while spinning!
And, finally Tattoos! In the credit where credit is due category… a huge thanks to Mitch McConnell for making “nevertheless she persisted” the most popular tattoo of the year! Across the nation women have been gathering to tattoo this motto on their person, and April 23rd Pittsburgh (and the surrounding area) is joining in the fun! The event will be raising funds for Women & Girls Foundation’s GirlGov program designed to provide local girls with the opportunity to learn about civics, government, philanthropy, community involvement, women’s history, and leadership! It will be held at the Irma Freeman Center for Imagination on Penn Avenue in Pittsburgh! You can sign up for the event here – and Yinzer’s can you help me out by sharing this in your social media sphere – THANK YOU! I am going… and I hope you are too!
Now, how about some links this week?
- I love Kirsten Kapur’s Colorwash Scarf from MDK’s Field Guide No. 3
- Staying with the shawl theme… Whiskyfied is beautiful and would be extra lovely in Elsa Wool
- And, Aperture Shawl (currently 20% off on Ravelry) is interesting…as is Plethora (which is free!)
On to the sweater category…
- Arrows Down
- Rosala (I love the lace details in this – also, a great use for Elsa Wool!)
- And, finally – Merci. Too cute and a great range of sizes!
That is all I have for this week! Have a great weekend and a very Happy Easter!