This week’s Think Write Thursday topic is an interesting one: look out a window you don’t normally look out of and tell us what you see.
I am going to take that in an entirely different direction and see where that takes me.
Rather than a window, I am going to share my portal to my favorite neighbors and friends – the internet and my computer monitor!
- It is the place where I find out how Bonny is doing, what she is growing, and her vacation memory posts of late have been so much fun!
- Then I can look and see how Kym and Honore will inspire me – and the inspiration is always significant when you visit them!
- I check to see if dear Margene has updated her blog and make a mental note to write her a letter.
- The links at kmkat’s are always stellar and she serves things up with the perfect amount of sarcasm, which I deeply love.
- I always enjoy Doug and Boone updates from Patty, and her Facebook messages are the best, just sayin’.
- A visit to Sprite Writes is especially nice on the days she makes me think about what is beautiful in my world – thank you for making me stop and consider, Sprite!
- From there I stop by to see what new adventures Gale has in store, her photos inspire me.
- The day is never complete without a visit to Caffeine Girl, she is a fantastic knitter, and she reads such good books – but what I really love about her is her beautiful stitching.
- Then I am off to visit Bridget and her darling cats. Her knitting is amazing as well.
- The day is never complete without dear Mary. She has taught me so much about Timbered Choirs and she is warm and so welcoming. Her knitting is unreal and she shares the best glimpses into her life with Charlie and Sam.
- A new friend is Juliann, but she is a welcome addition! She eats lovely things and she quilts! Oh my! I love her stitching so much. Add to that, she is a knitter and what is not to love? I have also shared the Just Five Things journey with her – and I look forward to another chapter this spring with her!
- Then on to Wisconsin and Vicki aka Knitorious. I have been a long time lurker of Vicki, but I am happy I am no longer a lurker, but an actual commenter! She somehow does all the things – sewing, knitting, cooking, and her pictures are so lovely! I love that she shares Jun and Gin!
- PA Knit/Wit is another recent friend and a very special one because she lives in Pittsburgh, and while we have not yet met – I hope that we will one day very soon. She is not only an amazing spinner – she is an amazing pattern writer!
- Another Pennsylvania friend who is never short on inspiration is Karen – she lives in such a beautiful place and her photos that she shares are so incredible! She is also a prolific knitter and reader. No day is complete without her wise and gentle voice.
- Finally, there is dear Carole – she is the thread through whom I made most of these connections. I visit Carole for so many reasons, but mostly for her. Her voice, her images, her joie de vivre, and yes – her beverages! No one quite does weekends quite like Carole, although, I do aspire. She has inspired me to be a better blogger. She has inspired me to be a better photographer. She has inspired me to be more welcoming… she just inspires me. Every.single.day.
This is what my view is every single day. And, really… it does not get much better than this.